[mrtg] "Max Speed" - bits instead of Bytes?

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Wed Jun 23 14:25:45 MEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using "cfgmaker" to generate configs for our
routers/switches. What I've found out is, that the resulting
.cfg-files always have "Max Speed" given in kBytes/sec as opposed to
the more common kBits/sec (or MBits/sec).

Is there any way to get these values as bit/sec (or kBits, MBits)
instead of Bytes - couldn't find any specific option to cfgmaker for
this. I thought about something similar to "Options...bits" in the
config-file which however only changes the way graphics are
generated/displayed.

thanks much in advance for any clue,
-ewald