[mrtg] Maximum Display Limit?

John Barbieri jbarbieri at metrocastcablevision.com
Tue Nov 9 14:11:46 MET 2004

Hello There.

Im using MRTG to monitor multiple routers throughout our network. The
graphs for each indvidual router come up fine, but when I try to add two
of the routers together, the graph gets funky. It appears that the graph
is fine until the total comes out to 200mbit, then it starts redrawing
on the bottom of the graph. I was wondering, does MRTG have a limit of
200mbit?? Is there a way to work around this??? This is very odd, and
its making our graphs look like something happened past 6PM, which is
when peak usage starts coming in.

this is the config:

Target[routers]: 42:public at router1 + 25:public at router2
MaxBytes[routers]: 822000000
Title[routers]: Total Speed for the Routers
PageTop[routers]: <H1>Total Speed for the Routers</H1>

The "MaxBytes[routers]: 822000000" I get is by adding the links together
(one is an OC12, other is 200mbit).

Thanks in advanced for your help,

John Barbieri
MetroCast Cablevision