[mrtg] Re: Graphing an ATM Interface for DSL traffic

Robert Phillips robert.b.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 12:33:23 MET 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:39:10 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt
<alex at ergens.op.het.net> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >   I am a MRTG newbie. I have MRTG right now monitoring my Cisco 827
> > DSL router/modem. My DSL connection has different maximum upload and
> > download  speeds. How do I change my configuration  so that it takes
> > into account those maximums and when I get the statistics (i.e.
>
> Do RTFM.
>
> In http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-reference.html
> you would have read:
>
> " If you need two different MaxBytes values for the two monitored variables,
>   you can use MaxBytes1 and MaxBytes2 instead of MaxBytes. "
>
> which answers your question.
>
> HTH
> Alex
> --
> You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
> Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim
> irrelevant lines. Reply _below_ the relevant lines, not on top.
>
> --

Thanks for your help. I did read this in the documentation, I guess I
didn't clarify my question very well. I know I can set MaxBytes1 and
MaxBytes2 - my question is how can I tell or define which value MRTG
uses for what ? Or more clearly how do I know if the value I input for
MaxBytes1 will be used to calculate incoming and not outgoing traffic
or vice versa.
--
Robert B. Phillips, II
robert.b.phillips at gmail.com