[mrtg] MRTG and Multiple switches

rglauser at areaofficeonaging.com rglauser at areaofficeonaging.com
Tue Sep 28 22:31:24 MEST 2004

I have three Dell 3324 managed switches chained together in multiple
vlans.  I am using routers.cgi as my front end. I ran cfgmaker against
the stack and it returned over 200 graphs. The only thing I can figure
is that it attempted to create a graph for every MAC address in the
switch's routing table. By process of elimination I am fairly certain I
have the correct machines identified in the first 24 ports of the switch
stack. Where it falls apart is the second and third switches. Port #2-e1
which is the first port in the second switch, should corespond to
interface 26 (Ports 1-25 on switch #1, ports 26-50 on switch #2and so
forth) but I get no data returned. I then set up interfaces 27 to 48 and
set up a test machine on a unused port but still get no data. How should
I go about configuring these multiple switch stacks?