[mrtg] Re: Disk Performance Windows 2000 and MRTG

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Tue Dec 6 10:34:47 MET 2005

Kenneth,

All five counters you mention are covered by the standard version of SNMP-informant. You can get this free version from http://www.snmp-informant.com

HTH,

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Kenneth Tilsted (KET)
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:40 AM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Disk Performance Windows 2000 and MRTG

I have installed MRTG 2-12-2 and monitoring successfully both Diskspace, CPU and Memory. But I have a problem about monitoring the following counters in Windows (and their OID's):

AverageDiskQueueLength :

CurrentDiskQueueLength

PercentDiskReadTime

PercentDiskWriteTime

PercentIdletime

I have tried both Compaq's CPQIDA.mib and Microsoft's "Windows-nt-performance" without luck (I might see the name on the counter but it is like not supported by MRTG)

The server monitored is and Proliant running either W2K or W2K3 and my MRTG Server is running W2K.

But I receive snmpget error - like the OID is unknown. I have used several MIB Browsers to check out the MIBs to have monitored. But it is like the OID is unsupported. I have tried to use the command LoadMIBs and then load the "Windows-nt-performance.mib" but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I used this command: loadMIBs : C:\mrtg-2.12.2\bin\windows-nt-performance.mib

Here is the list  of the errors received when running my cfg file:

SNMPGET Problem for 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.7.1.8 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.7.

1.8 sysUptime sysName on public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx::::::v4only

 at mrtg line 1921

SNMP Error:

Received SNMP response with error code

  error status: noSuchName

  index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.7.1.19.1)

SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx].161)

                  community: "public"

                 request ID: 1584029039

                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes

                    timeout: 2s

                    retries: 5

                    backoff: 1)

 at C:/mrtg-2.12.2/bin\..\lib\mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 490

ERROR: Target[xxx-io][_IN_] ' $target->[31]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data

ERROR: Target[xxx-io][_OUT_] ' $target->[31]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data

The above error is for percenetIdleTime

Does anyone have a clue about how to proceed to have the above 5 counters monitored in MRTG. At the moment both physical and logical counters are welcome. I have tried almost everything over the last few month but do not have any more ideas? Or how am I using the loadMIBs-command wrong? Thanks all.

Regards

Kenneth Tilsted

Het ministerie van Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid sluit elke aansprakelijkheid uit in verband met het niet juist, onvolledig of niet tijdig overkomen van de informatie in deze e-mail.
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

Dit bericht is alleen bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien dit bericht niet voor u bestemd is, verzoeken wij u dit onmiddellijk aan ons te melden en de inhoud van dit bericht te vernietigen.

The ministry of Social Affairs and Employment is not liable for any incorrect or incomplete transmission of the information in this e-mail or for any delay in its receipt.
This message shall not constitute any obligations.

This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please inform us immediately and delete its content.