[mrtg] Re: Whats after MRTG?

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Mon Dec 19 13:52:13 MET 2005

    Please take a look on http://www.cacti.net

    Cacti is a rrdtool frontend. Graphs are generated with rrdtool, data
collecting is done by cacti (you dont need MRTG). There are SEVERAL
graph templates ready for download and use on cacti forums.

    Building your own complicated graph templates with cacti is not
easy. There are several steps to go, but i'm absolutely sure it's far
easier than building the same graphs in rrdtool directly.

    Im using cacti to monitor medium networks with 100-200 routers and
it's going fantastic great !!! RRDTool advantages with a GREAT web
interface for configuring and visualizing graphs !

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br