[mrtg] ThreshProgI variables

Perry, Duane PerryD at missouri.edu
Mon Feb 14 23:43:52 MET 2005

I have been sending emails for some time with shell scripts from
ThreshProgI but wanted to consolidate a dozen scripts into one that
could be called with the proper variable.

Here is the entry that fails: ThreshProgI[tigernetpix-conn]:
/var/www/perl/pixmail.sh tigernet

Here is the error I get: ERROR: CFG Error in
"threshprogi[tigernetpix-conn]", line 37: Threshold program
/var/www/perl/pixmail.sh tigernet cannot be executed

I get the feeling MRTG does not like the extra argument but was unable
to enclose the string in quotes or tics to get it to run.  The docs talk
about passing 3 arguments (router, threshold, current) but letting MRTG
substitute the router name in does not seem to work either.

Any idea how to add an argument to the script?

Duane Perry

University of Missouri