[mrtg] Problem with rateup.exe

Westley Chang ChangW at gao.gov
Fri Jan 7 16:16:17 MET 2005

Hello,
   I am having a difficult time trying to figure out why some .cfg
files do not execute.  I have a simple .cfg file that is giving me
errors.  Below is the output from the command line:

C:\mrtg\bin>perl mrtg template1.cfg
Daemonizing MRTG ...
Do Not close this window. Or MRTG will die
Rateup WARNING: C:/mrtg/bin\rateup could not read the primary log file
for x.x.x.x
Rateup WARNING: C:/mrtg/bin\rateup Can't rename x.x.x.x.log to
x.x.x.x.old updating log file

I tried going in and deleting the log file for x.x.x.x but it is still
producing this error message.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

  Wes