[mrtg] Graph reversing using MIB variables

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Jan 24 19:52:08 MET 2005

Hi all,
I posed this question to the newsgroup some weeks ago, but never
received a response.  Hopefully someone on the list can help me out.

I am trying to use the 'reversing' feature, but it doesn't appear to
work as  advertised when using MIB variables.  I have interfaces which
I'm monitoring using the following:

ifHCInOctets#ae1.0&ifHCOutOctets#ae1.0:community at router:

If I use:

-ifHCInOctets#ae1.0&ifHCOutOctets#ae1.0:community at router:

I get no data in my graphs and no reported errors.

If I use:

-ifHCInOctets#ae1.0&-ifHCOutOctets#ae1.0:community at router:

I get the following in my MRTG logfile:

'-ifHCInOctets#ae1.0&-ifHCOutOctets $target->[84]{$mode}' evaluated to
'-ifHCInOctets' instead of a number

Is there any way to reverse using MIB variables?

Thanks,
evt