[mrtg] Re: Graph reversing using MIB variables

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 25 05:21:56 MET 2005

>I am trying to use the 'reversing' feature, but it doesn't
>appear to work as  advertised when using MIB variables.  I
>have interfaces which I'm monitoring using the following:
>ifHCInOctets#ae1.0&ifHCOutOctets#ae1.0:community at router:
>If I use:
>-ifHCInOctets#ae1.0&ifHCOutOctets#ae1.0:community at router:
>I get no data in my graphs and no reported errors.

Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but what's wrong with instead using:

ifHCOutOctets#ae1.0&ifHCInOctets#ae1.0:community at router:

since this is swapping over the two values, which is all that the '-' prefix
does.  I think the '-' prefix is only active when you are using a interface
number or some other identifier, and not when you are using backquotes or an
explicit OID pair.

Steve