[mrtg] avoiding peaks

Thu Nov 17 12:11:27 MET 2005

Hello list,

I use mrtg with tap-devices, normally no problem, but when a hicup
occurs somewhere it gets wrong data from snmpd. The result of this is
that the graph is scaled down because of an enormous peak. I use
"MaxBytes" but is there another option to smooth these peaks?

http://www.xaq.nl/divers/peak-mrtg.png

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.