[mrtg] Tool for cross traffic analysis

Prasad Kularatne kularatn at sg.ibm.com
Wed Oct 12 08:57:29 MEST 2005

Hi folks,
I am carrying out a research in finding out the sensitivity of regular
traffic to iSCSI traffic in a LAN environment. This requires analysis of
the traffic profiles of different TCP traffic types and their efffects on
the queueing.

I am looking for a tool which can graph different traffic types flowing
off the same Switch port. Currently I am using the SPAN port with
Ethereal, but it has some issues.

Does any one of you know of a tool for out-of-band (should not affect the
traffic flowing over the monitored port) monitoring of different TCP
traffic over a LAN switch, preferably using SNMP counters. I want one
second granularity.

I have a Cisco 2970 L3 switch and it does not support NetFlow.

Appreciate your adivise. Thanks.

Good Luck!
Prasad
IBM in Sri Lanka