[mrtg] Re: can someone explain "workdir" please?

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Thu Sep 1 17:50:13 MEST 2005

At 08:25 AM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
>Whenever I view the idx.html webpage the graphs are never updated. So, I
>guess I need to understand the "flow" of the files:

You need to either add RunAsDaemon: yes or have a cronjob run the
perl script every <X> minutes.

>1. Does mrtg create the graphs in the workdir and then copy them over to the
>web directory?

Your workdir is your web directory. Wherever you specify workdir is
where the files will be put.

>2. What is the default for "workdir" when I leave it off the cfgmaker
>command line?

I don't think there is one.

>3. Is there any way to re-create the month/year images from existing log
>files (I copied over the existing ones)  :(

have a gander at one of the .log files. That's where your data is
stored. And if the .png file is deleted, it will be recreated on the next run.

Evan