[mrtg] Re: Graphing Errors on a Cisco 3810

kelsey hudson khudson at tsss.org
Tue Apr 4 04:16:37 MEST 2006

MRTG-List wrote:
> I have a Cisco 3810 Router that I want to graph the CRC errors on.  I have
> it graphing the errors as a total, but have not been able to do it as a
> change from the last graphing.
>
> I thought it was as simple as removing the 'gauge' option but then it
> graphed nothing.
>
> Any guidance on this would be appreciated.  There are some others things
> similar to this that I want to graph but have the same problem.

If the frequency of events is rather low (as it well should be with CRC
errors) you might need to add the 'perminute' or even 'perhour' flag so
it changes the calculations from per second (which is probably rather
low) to per minute (you might get something with this) or per hour
(again, you might get something with this).

Try that out and see if that causes anything to graph.

Cheers,
-Kelsey