[mrtg] Re: Chop MRTG graph

Scott_Rochford at DELL.com Scott_Rochford at DELL.com
Tue Apr 4 11:51:30 MEST 2006

It sounds to me like setting MaxBytes to 16000, AbsMax to a higher value
(i.e. the highest value you wish to record) and changing the graphs to
UnScaled would achieve what you want.

Regards,

Scott.

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch]
On Behalf Of Rajendra Adhikari
Sent: 04 April 2006 11:36
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Chop MRTG graph

Hi,
I have one prfoblem about recording the values by mrtg.
I have set MaxBytes: 8000
and, AbsMax: 16000
I understand that whenever the traffic is above the 16000 then mrtg
records the zero value unless the traffic is below AbsMax.
I need something that the value does not get recorded to zero but chop
off at AbsMax so that I could see the constant AbsMax value in the graph

whenever the value is equal or above AbsMax. .i.e. the vlaue shall be
chopped at the AbsMax.

I will appreciate your suggestions.

Best Regds,
Rajendra Adhikari