[mrtg] Correct Bandwidth Utilization

mchandler at solutions.canon.com mchandler at solutions.canon.com
Wed Jul 19 17:16:55 MEST 2006

Hi all,

We have several WAN connections and MRTG reports one of my WAN connections
with spikes that show no more than 80k utilization out of 768k pipe.  Our
parent company monitors it with Concord and while their graph shows %, it
assumes 1.536Mbs max rate and shows spikes at 45%.  Now this seems to
disagree with my graphs.  SBC has similar reports that agree with our
parent.  How can I trust the other graphs on the other connections?  Could
it be that MRTG is not giving me accurate graphs?  Is there something I
should look at or a way I can troubleshoot this.  I'm at a complete loss.

Thanks.

Chandler Bing