[mrtg] Problems Installing MRTG on a Windows 2K server

Patrick T. McAlister patrick at pueblotel.com
Wed Mar 29 19:45:37 MEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to install MRTG on a windows box.  Based on the instructions
First

Unzip MRTG to C:\mrtg-2.9.2 on the WindowsNT machine of your choice.

Next

Install Perl on the same Windows NT machine. You might want to make sure
that the Perl binary directory is listed in your system path.

 C:\Perl\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;...

You can manually check this by going to [Control
Panel]->[System]->[Environment]

To see if everything is installed properly you can open a Command Shell and
go into c:\mrtg-2.9.2\bin. Type:

 perl mrtg

This should give you a friendly error message complaining about the missing
mrtg configuration file. Now, you have successfully installed mrtg and perl.

I have done this when I go to the command shell and type in
c:\mrtg-2.13.2\bin to see if all is working I get an error stating that
command is not a valid internal or external command, or batch file. Can
someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Patrick