[mrtg] Preventing sysUptime check for individual targets

Hirschorn, Steven steven.hirschorn at nationalarchives.gov.uk
Thu Mar 30 19:28:36 MEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to use MRTG to plot the number of concurrent sessions on our Checkpoint firewall and having difficulty because MRTG tries to get the sysUptime value.

The firewall has two SNMP daemons listening on different TCP ports, and the number of concurrent sessions is available from just one of them.  The target I've set is:

Target[IPADDRESS_0]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.1.25.3.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.1.25.4.0:COMMUNITYSTRING at IPADDRESS:260

MRTG checks for sysUptime on port 260 (it's counted by the other SNMP Daemon though), errors and doesn't gather the concurrent user value.  If I set the global "NoMib2" variable, this all works, and it gathers the concurrent sessions stats.  However, I'd like the uptime stats to be included on the html pages for the other targets we're monitoring.

Is there a way I can disable the sysUptime check for a single target, or tell MRTG that if it wants to query values from that OID, it needs to use a separate port on the same target?

Hope this makes sense - thanks for any help you can provide!

--
Steven Hirschorn
Systems Support Engineer

Watch Public Information Films including "Charley Says"

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/filmindex2.htm

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential  to The National Archives.  If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.