[mrtg] Re: mrtg for home users: more precision than '5 minute average'?

Constantine A. Murenin mureninc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 21:25:29 MEST 2006

On 30/03/06, Daniel J McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 19:44 +0100, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > <URL:http://www.pleiades.com/patches/mrtgbb.html>, but I'd like to
> > have an integrated aka 'supported' solution. :) Is there any way this
> > patch could get into the official tree?
>
> Use rrdtool as the backend, use routers2.cgi as the front-end, then
> follow the routers2 HOWTO:

[tonnes of instructions with tonnes of warnings skipped]

Thanks for suggestion, but that is all too complicated, plus I don't
feel comfortable with installing some monster CGIs and putting them on
the web. Did you see the security warning on routers2 site? That's not
for me. :)

I want a simple and elegant solution, which would use plain mrtg with
'Interval: 1', the performance hit would be trivial anyways, so why is
this feature still not implemented?

Constantine.