[mrtg] Re: Rateup errors - resend

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Thu May 18 16:31:19 MEST 2006

At 12:06 AM Thursday, 5/18/2006, Scott_Rochford at DELL.com wrote -=>
>Hi Ed,
>
> > I am still struggling to figure out what is causing the
> > following:
> > Sunday, 14 May 2006 at 7:10: ERROR: Skipping webupdates because
> > rateup did not return anything sensible
> > Sunday, 14 May 2006 at 7:10: WARNING: rateup died from Signal 11
> >   with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'ns5gt.wrenkasky.com_2'
> >   Signal was 11, Returncode was 0
> > My searches on the errors have come up with a myriad of possible
> > solutions relating to libraries that are installed however the
> > error message usually indicates the conflict.  There is no such
> > indication here nor can I find anything that relates to rateup
> > and Signal 11.
>
>For me in the past Signal 11's have been bad news, usually indicating
>some kind of hardware or memory problem.  Are they only happening with
>MRTG?  If so it's possible that it's a dodgy library like you
>discovered... but if it's happening to other processes in your system it
>may be the system itself at fault.
>
>Try running a large glibc compile or similar just to exercise the
>system, that is usually a reliable way to trigger a signal 11 if the
>system is at fault.

MRTG is the only thing affected on the system and it happened right
after I tried to update to 2.14.3.

I even re-installed gd and libpng.  I haven't re-installed zlib yet
though. Maybe I should try that as well.

Any other libraries I might look thata could have been affected by the upgrade?

Best,

Ed

Randomly Generated Quote (206 of 1050):
"Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk
very far."   --Thomas Jefferson