[mrtg] Re: [nonspam] mrtg-mysql-load not returning usable data?

Alex Franks arfranks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 02:55:02 MET 2006

Johannes,

Thanks for the response, but I think I've already ruled that out. The
cron job runs as root and I ran the command at the prompt with sudo...
so those 2 runs of the same command should be equivalent.

I first suspected mrtg didn't like the command that was being fed in
the Target, but I simplified it by cramming the mrtg-mysql-load
command into a separate script which only returned 2 lines, 1 integer
per line (queries / slow queries). This still produced the same
results so I'm puzzled.

Here is my current config (commented out since it was just filling my
log with errors). The 2nd Target was my experimental script, returning
only the 2 lines with no uptime/version info:
### shoeshine mysql load
#Target[shoeshine_mysqlload]: `/usr/local/bin/mrtg-mysql-load -c
/www/shoegoo.soletechnology/docs/mrtg/mysql-load.cfg`
#Target[shoeshine_mysqlload]: `/home/alex/bin/mysql-mrtg-stats`
#Options[shoeshine_mysqlload]: perminute,nopercent,integer,nobanner,growright
#MaxBytes[shoeshine_mysqlload]: 250
#AbsMax[shoeshine_mysqlload]: 4000
#Unscaled[shoeshine_mysqlload]: ymwd
#Title[shoeshine_mysqlload]: MySQL load analysis
#PageTop[shoeshine_mysqlload]: <H1>MySQL load Analysis</H1>
#YLegend[shoeshine_mysqlload]: # of queries
#ShortLegend[shoeshine_mysqlload]: q/m
#Legend1[shoeshine_mysqlload]: # of queries
#Legend2[shoeshine_mysqlload]: # of slow queries
#Legend3[shoeshine_mysqlload]: Maximal # of questions per min.
#Legend4[shoeshine_mysqlload]: Maximal # of slow queries per min.
#LegendI[shoeshine_mysqlload]: Queries:&nbsp;
#LegendO[shoeshine_mysqlload]: Slow queries&nbsp;

Is there anything in this that looks glaringly, obviously wrong?