[mrtg] moving MRTG to new machine

Farhan Ali Khan gabereal_ at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:23:14 CEST 2007

Dear Amr

Its not a big task you can perform this activity very easly by follow few steps

1) just take a backup of yr cfgs , crond , .logs files or if your are using .rrd base mrtg you also need to take backup of CGI files and rrds. make sure the backup copy you hv taken not corrpted after traffering in into another system. to ensure that just tar all files on existance mrtg srv and then download it.

install a new mrtg if you are using centos mrtg is the builtin package just install it.

put your tar archive there untar it and just place files and directories on their places

for further you can contact with me

Regards
Farhan Ali Khan
Network Engineer