[mrtg] Need to graph protocol numbers.

Edward_Kenna at haygroup.com Edward_Kenna at haygroup.com
Thu Feb 15 20:06:20 CET 2007

I have been tasked with finding a way to graph in MRTG in and out bytes for
different IP protocols. Right now I am testing with a Nortel Contivity 1600
but I will also need to do the same for a CISCO switch. Ideally there would
be a graph for each protocol ie HTTP, VOIP, SMTP, etc.

I realize I need to create a target for each protocol something along the
lines of

Target[x.x.x.x_1]: oid&oid:public at x.x.x.x:

where x.x.x.x represents and IP address and oid represents some number in
this format 1.3.6.1.

The only problem at this point is finding what oid holds the byte count for
each protocol. I think this should be listed in a MIB somewhere however I
have not been able to find it. I have been out to the nortel site and not
been able to find anything like this.

Has anyone done anything like this? Can anyone point me to the correct
information?