[mrtg] import MIB

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Jul 27 14:54:02 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 13:31 -0700, von dan wrote:
> into mrtg cfgmaker

That's an entirely different question.

cfgmaker has a few vendor-specific considerations.  If you are looking
for traffic stats and getting something weird, I can only suggest
reading the source.

If you are not looking for traffic stats, but are hoping to monitor
other variables, and you don't want to hand-craft your configs, then you
will need to write a template.  Templates are documented briefly in the
cfgmaker reference manual, but the fact is that they are really perl
programs with a few useful variables and pre-loaded modules.  I have
posted some of my examples here at various times, but templates are more
art than science, and a good understanding of what cfgmaker does and how
it functions from the inside out is really needed to write templates
effectively.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy