[mrtg] monitoring devices without snmp

Edward_Kenna at haygroup.com Edward_Kenna at haygroup.com
Tue Mar 13 14:33:54 CET 2007

wrong it is possible to get the values from something other than SNMP there
are example of using performance monitor logs from NT. You are going to
have to modify code though.

                      "Renzo Clavijo"
                      <renzo.clavijo at gma        To:       "Ikechukwu Anyanwu" <ian at emperion.net>
                      il.com>                   cc:       mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [mrtg] monitoring devices without snmp
                      mrtg-bounces at lists
                      .oetiker.ch

                      03/13/2007 09:02
                      AM

Hi ..

If your IP ENCAP does not have any SNMP agent, you could try monitoring the
devices attached to it, I mean: switches, routers, firewalls, servers and
so on; but I believe it is mandatory an SNMP agent on these devices to get
the values you need.

Cheers ...