[mrtg] MRTG and Gigabit and 10GB

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Thu Nov 8 21:05:19 CET 2007

Daniel
You are correct but wrong. The OP asked the wrong question, but you gave
him the right answer concerning the speed<GRIN>.

He meant to ask if 1Gb is reported as 125MB/sec.

Switch ports and NIC's are advertised as bits/sec, not Bytes/sec. In
abreviations, b means bits and B means Bytes. And if you do the math indeed:

1Gb/sec equals 125MB/sec

Lyle