[mrtg] Few Quetions regarding MRTG+RRD

Masood Ahmad Shah masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Mon Apr 7 17:20:40 CEST 2008

From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch]
On Behalf Of SYED JAHANZAiB ~!~ AA Internet Cable.Network Services
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 7:31 PM
To: mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Few Quetions regarding MRTG+RRD

Hi,
I have few questions about Mrtg n RRD integration. I am using MRTG on Linux
FC8 with RRD and 14ll.cgi as a rrd frontend.

1) At many mrtg/rrd web site, I see that we we move cursor to the graph, it
shows time hour/minute as we move cursor anywhere on graph. How can I show
this at my graphs ?

You need to play with scripting language for this; If you just can't  thn
CACTI is your friend for this..

2) MRTG updates after 5 mnts. How Can I set it to refresh after every
minute. I tried setting Interval time to 1 but it still shows updates after
5 minutes, wht else need to be configure?

MRTG is not real time monitor, if you really want to monitor your live
traffic counter, you can use some other application like master shaper.

3) SNMP OID's , Are these values remain same for every system or every
system have different OID's , for example to monitor RAM on remote PC, the
oids will be same for all the target pcs for linux or windows or are they
will be different for every target PC ?

http://www.adventnet.com/products/cagent/help/technology_used/c_snmp_overvie
w.html

Regards,

Web   :  http://www.aacablenet.org/mrtg

  _____

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
Spaces. It's easy! Try it!
<http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx
&mkt=en-us>