[mrtg] Exchange 2007 and MRTG

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mtb.com
Wed Mar 19 16:14:26 CET 2008

>>> "Scott S. Heath" <SHeath at udi.com> 3/19/2008 9:57 AM >>>
> The script works in that data gets passed to MRTG but the results are

> anything but what I expected. I’ve attached both the   perl script
and
> the input file to this e-mail.
>
> My mrtg log file looks like:
> 1205889837 1200 0
> 1205889837 1200 0 1200 0
> 1205889485 7096 0 12000 0
> 1205889300 12000 0 12000 0
> 1205889000 12000 0 12000 0
> 1205888700 12000 0 12000 0
> 1205888400 10073 0 12000 0
> 1205888100 1532 0 10000 0
>
> I’m more interested in graphing the current # of files then
anything else.
> The average won’t help anything, nor will the max. The current
number
> reporting on the hourly page is: 4836.0 Files
>
> I’m assuming MRTG does some sort of mathematical process to the
> stats, and if I knew what the exact formula was I could compensate
> for it in my script.

What does the raw output of the external script look like before you
add it to the target line of the cfg file?  The result should be
something
like:

4836
0
0
<exchange server name>

The first two lines can be flipped.  You just have to decide if you
want to
show a blue line (put the 4836 on the second line) or a green area
(leave
it as the first number) and then use either NOO or NOI,depending on
which one you want to see.

The third line is the uptime of the device, but accuracy isn't
important, the
number just needs to be there.  The fourth line is just the name of the
server.

HTH,
Paul

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient or entity, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of the information contained in the transmission.  If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.  This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.  You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.
There are risks associated with the use of electronic transmission.  The sender of this information does not control the method of transmittal or service providers and assumes no duty or obligation for the security, receipt, or third party interception of this transmission.