[mrtg] OID's missing or adjusted after changing hardware

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Nov 15 19:07:58 CET 2008

The problem is not that the new machine does not have the OIDs in the SNMP, but that your MRTG seems no longer to be able to resolve the symbolic names (ssCpuRawUser, etc) into numerical OIDs.  I am guessing that you are missing the MIB files, or need to load them into MRTG with the LoadMib directive?

You have two options -

1) Use numerical OIDs instead of the symbolic names
2) Install the MIBs on your machine and load them into MRTG.

You may already have the required MIBs (likely) but not have them loaded by the SNMP client by default.  In this case, either set them to load by default (see the snmp.conf) or tell MRTG to load them (use LoadMibs: in the configuration files)

Steve