[mrtg] RRD Graphs

James Riccard jamesriccard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:12:04 CEST 2008

I have two problems I am struggling to solve, I am hoping somebody would be
willing to assist me?

I am collecting data with MRTG (logformat=rrd) and then use the Perl RRD
module to create my graphs.

Here is part of a simple script I use:

"DEF:IfIn=$rrd_location/$file1.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE",
"DEF:IfInMax=$rrd_location/$file1.rrd:ds0:MAX",

"GPRINT:IfInMax:LAST:%1.0lf%s",
"GPRINT:IfInMax:AVERAGE:%1.0lf%s",
"GPRINT:IfInMax:MIN:%1.0lf%s",
"GPRINT:IfInMax:MAX:%1.0lf%s\\n",

"GPRINT:IfIn:LAST:%1.0lf%s",
"GPRINT:IfIn:AVERAGE:%1.0lf%s",
"GPRINT:IfIn:MIN:%1.0lf%s",
"GPRINT:IfIn:MAX:%1.0lf%s\\n",

The first problem is that the MAX and AVERAGE values are always the same for
hourly and daily reports. For greater time frames, say yearly, I get the
expected different values?

Secondly, can somebody, using the abox example show me how to get everything
into nice neet and tidy colums, my values are getting printed all over the
place and I can't seem to get the spacing correct.

Thankyou in advance.