[mrtg] In and Out require different scale

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 16 04:30:05 CEST 2009

You're in luck.  Well, sort of.

If you are using MRTG with the RRDTool backend and the Routers2 frontend, the latest version - 2.20 - has experimental code that allows you to use dual Y-axis scales, if you have RRDTool 1.3.x.  With this, you can use the routers2.cgi*ScaleShift[] option to set a scale factor for the second Y-axis which will be used for the 'out' value.

Otherwise, native MRTG, Routers2 prior to 2.20, 14all and mrtg-rrd do not support multiple axis.  rrdcgi will allow you to put any parameters you like, so you can add the second axis parameters of course if you have RRDTool 1.3.x, but it is highly complex.

Steve