[mrtg] multi-context templates

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 2 22:19:48 CET 2009

> So, by changing the named context in snmp, I get information about
> interfaces associated with different contexts.  While most of the
> interesting mibs will be in the host template, I don't know how to
> signal to cfgmaker that these additional interfaces exist, and need to
> be monitored (and named, since they are not necessarily unique).

I don't know of any way for the host template to add extra things to the
list to be processed by the interface template, since this list is populated
by walking the ifIndex - which should still pick these up.

You can, though, write the interface template to change the behaviour in
these cases.  Maybe make the interface template identify when a selected
interface is one of these, and then it can signal that the interface should
be kept after all, and can override the default descriptions etc by pulling
the correct descriptions from the cmVirtContextRowStatus?

It seems to me that this would be better put in the interface template
rather than the host template; you can have one of each at the same time of
course

Steve