[mrtg] Question about mrtg use?

Furosh One furosh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 00:40:27 CEST 2010

I really appreciate MRTG a while back when I was a Net. Admin but today I'm
trying to see if MRTG can provide me network bandwidth/testing metrics for a
particular project I have.
Basically I am trying to test a cloud co-lo server I've setup with network
metrics accessing this server from our Global WAN.

I wanted to know if I could use MRTG to use a destination IP or FQDN as
"target"?

It would be great if I could measure network performance tests to a
particular host to test data transfer for things like: FTP, SFTP, GIT, SVN,
SCP, RSYNC, etc.

Since I'm not wanting to test a router address, is there a way to collect
metrics for a particular HOST IP or Domain name?

Thank for any help/assistance/recommendations.

-FuRoSh.