[mrtg] (silly) include question

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 2 10:09:33 CET 2010

Aha.

Routers2 will use the workdir as last seen, and this should be carried on down through Include:d files, although it *doesnt* carry down any defaults set with the [$], [^] or [_] special targets (unlike MRTG).

If it does not know what WorkDir to use, it will use dbpath as defined in the routers2.conf

The problems lie when you have (re)defined WorkDir multiple times to different paths, then you may get unexpected behaviour.  In this case, use Directory[] instead, which Routers2 supports.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Ph: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86487

From: mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch [mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch] on behalf of Dez [dez at otenet.gr]

My issue is routers2 related. I think that if routers2 doesn't find a
WorkDir entry in a (included) cfg file, it expects to find the rrds in
the "dbpath" . This is a bit off topic though :D