[mrtg] New MRTG install... Run as Daemon and RRD setup?

Fri Oct 1 22:27:38 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Arvon Griffiths
<Arvon.Griffiths at txdot.gov>wrote:

> Is there a way to run mrtg in daemon mode and use a wildcard in the
> master.cfg with Include: ?  I ask this because it really convenient just to
> be able to drop a cfg file in a dir and have mrtg run it WITHOUT having to
> also edit the master.cfg.  If not, is there a way to do this in daemon mode?

You could run a script that builds master.cfg based on the files in the
folders. Or maybe even a 3rd config like include.cfg and then have
master.cfg that includes include.cfg which includes the configs in the
folder. Not sure if include works nested like that though...