[mrtg] ...MRTG intermittently recording zero values instead of valid values

Barron Hulver Barron.Hulver at oberlin.edu
Thu Oct 7 16:41:28 CEST 2010

We are using MRTG in native mode (no RRDTool).  I'm aware of the integer
constraint and am fairly certain it is not this.  I've tried graphing as
a rate by running the cron job once per hour and multiplying the number
of pages by 3600 in order to keep an integer. (I realize there is a
perhour option as well.)  Alternatively, I've also tried graphing using
a gauge so I just pass the integer to MRTG and it should store it as-is
but it does not.

Any other thoughts?  I think we'll try upgrading the MRTG software
before switching to RRDTool.

Barron