[mrtg] Copying mrtg from one machine to another...

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 28 00:56:22 CEST 2010

So, your existing MRTG is running in Native mode (.log files).

A1. Yes.  RRDTool is a central Perl library so can be accessed from anywhere.  Routers2 just needs to know where the MRTG cfg files are located.

A2. No.  MRTG will only use RRDTool if you have 'Logformat:rrdtool' in the cfg file, and Routers2 is a separate CGI script, independent of any images you have created with your existing native-mode MRTG 2.12 install.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead