[mrtg] New MRTG install... Run as Daemon and RRD setup?

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Mon Sep 27 21:13:02 CEST 2010

Q3 was easy :-) Add this to master.cfg / global.cfg
(or what ever you use structurally)

LogFormat: rrdtool

now your logging to RRD files

------
thanks
  kevin.foote

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Arvon Griffiths wrote:

-> I've got a test box up and I have installed the latest version of MRTG.  I have some questions-
->
-> RUN AS DAEMON:
-> Q1: If I use run as daemon, can I still have multiple CFG files (one for each router) or do I have to combine them all into one large (read: messy) CFG file?  If the answer is "you can have multiple CFG files", what is the big-picture as to how to set it up?
->
-> Q2: I have 350+ routers to check, if I run as daemon, how can I spread out the checks over a 5 minute period so the network isn't slammed at on minute 0,5,10,15, & etc.?
->
->
-> RRD:
-> Q3: I'm either too dense to understand the instructions or they are not clear, how do you setup MRTG to use RRD tool?
->
-> thnx
->
-> Who's Driving Tonight?
-> If you've been drinking, it's not you.
-> For more information, please visit
-> www.txdot.gov/safety/tips/intoxication.htm
->
->