[mrtg] No Data (again)

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 31 04:41:38 CET 2011

What happens when you run MRTG to collect the data?

Either the data are not being gathered (scheduler or SNMP issue) or they cannot be stored (permissions issue)

1. Make sure you are actually runnning MRTG -- either as a daemon, or via cron every 5min.
2. Make sure the appropriate directories and files are writeable by the mrtg process
3. Run MRTG interactively as the normal user it runs as.  Is it producing any error messages that might clue you in to why the data are not being gathered?

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead