[mrtg] Graphs Resetting & Freezing

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 5 23:17:17 CEST 2011

We can see that rateup is exiting with an error but not see the error
message being produced by rateup (only the error being produced by mrtg,
which calls it)

You need to test rateup somehow.

Try running rateup from the command line to directly update one of your log
files (I forget the exact syntax required as I haven't touched rateup in
over 10 years); you might get some infor this way.

Possibly your .log files are corrupted, or have incorrect permissions or
ownerships?

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway