[mrtg] Assistance

JEspinosa at bost.com JEspinosa at bost.com
Fri Sep 30 21:11:10 CEST 2011

Daniel,
        Thank you sir!  Yes, it is running a windows server.  I am kind of
at a roadblock till I can figure out what is going on with this.

Thank You,
   Johnny Espinosa
   Sr. Lead Network Engineer
   Boston Market Corporation
   14103 Denver West Parkway
   Golden, CO 80401
   Office:  303.216.5393
   Cell:  720.271.6480
   Email:  jespinosa at bost.com

From:   Daniel McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com>
To:     <JEspinosa at bost.com>
Cc:     mrtg <mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch>,
mrtg-bounces+jespinosa=bost.com at lists.oetiker.ch
Date:   09/30/2011 01:08 PM
Subject:        Re: [mrtg] Assistance
Sent by:        mrtg-bounces+jespinosa=bost.com at lists.oetiker.ch

On 9/30/11 11:51 AM, "JEspinosa at bost.com" <JEspinosa at bost.com> wrote:

> Daniel,
>         Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I believe it is
running
> as a Daemon but I can't tell for sure?  I opened up Task Manager on the
server
> that it is "supposedly" running on and I could not locate anything in
there
> related to MRTG.

Ah, you are running on Windows.  Hopefully someone else on this list
understands windows servers - I haven't managed a windows server this
millennium...

But I recall there were a couple of daemon tools used to run mrtg -
fireDaemon was popular about 8 years ago.  But I don't know much more
about
it than a name..

> I guess, we could start with how would I verify that it is
> even running if I can't locate anything within Task Manager or in the
Services

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281