[rrd-developers] interlaced png's?

Jeff Allen jra at corp.webtv.net
Tue Aug 10 08:02:07 MEST 1999

Does anyone kow if there's such a thing as an interlaced PNG? My damn
computer is too fast to let me tell if the interlaced effect is
happening when I load my png. :)

PS: PNG's kick butt. They are so small, and so fast. Cricket 0.70 will
be out soon, and it defaults to plotting PNG's. You can still turn on
the 'suck-bandwidth' flag to make GIF's, but as far as I am concerned,
we are never going back to gifs! :)

PPS: Are there any nifty features of PNG's that we should be taking
advantage of, now that we are using them? I'm thinking things like
alpha channels, etc...

Jeff R. Allen              |  jra at corp.webtv.net
WebTV Service Engineering  |  http://www.munitions.com/~jra