[rrd-developers] Re: [patch] gfx/graph fixes for imgformat in

Jake Brutlag jakeb at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 4 20:13:59 MEST 2002

> <hint>
> It doesn't seem to be very important to others or else there
> would actually be some traffic on this list ... </>

I haven't followed this thread that closely, but isn't this debate about
the choice between a less complicated interface (graph command syntax)
and a more flexible interface (that allows complete
control/customization of the graphs)? Now maybe an xml interface could
provide both, but backwards compatibility should be preserved. Maybe
there could be a new function "graphxml" that takes the graph specs as
xml, while the old function continues to act as currently advertised.

Jake

Jake Brutlag
Network Analyst
TV Services -- Network Operations