[rrd-developers] Re: add/remove DS

José Luis Tallón jltallon at adv-solutions.net
Mon May 8 11:43:33 MEST 2006

Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Hi José,
>
> Oh I thought you had given up on that project ...
Almost had to. The guy who was supposed to do most of the work managed
to avoid it :-O
> since your initial post on this project I have not heard anything from you ...

I'd rather have something "tangible" and usable than a lot of empty
words. Happened once, but won't again if I can avoid it.
> not seen any documentation, or api design documents ...

I can send a draft soon. We had to learn quite a bit about RRDtool's
internals *while* coding and adjust the interface a bit in the process.
> As such projects go, chances of adoption and success are normally
> increassed when you let people see what you intend todo so that
> they can chip in their 2c ...

... specially when the one involved is the original author himself :-O

We needed a *fast* interface to RR Dbs, and not much spare time to
accomplish that.
We'll be able to refine/discuss soon (i expect)

Thanks again, Tobi.

    J.L.