[rrd-developers] Re: joining 2 RRD's together

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun May 28 07:42:39 MEST 2006

Hi Ian,

> is there a tool out there which will fix the RRA definition
> (rrdresize does this bit) and then put all the old data back into it?
>
> I'm guessing using rrdexport on both of them.. then some fiddling
> with the xml might be the answer.. I just hope someone else
> has written a tool to do it.

if you have ALL the old data, the most simple aproach is to
re-create the rrd file and rrdtool update it ... otherwhise the
rrdtool dump / rrdtool restore aproach is the way to go, but this
could be quite an effort to get right since the old data you have
is not time-aligned ...

> regards
>
> Ian
>
> --

ETH Zurich
Tobias Oetiker, IT Support Group D-ITET (ISG.EE)
ETL F24.2, Physikstrasse 3, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Phone +41 44 63 25286,  http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker/