[rrd-developers] Seg fault with r1094

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:13:28 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 11:51:02AM -0500, Matthew Chambers wrote:
>> In my POV trunk is fine on PPC with 32bit (I've even did some cursory
>> checks on an ia64 box to see if there are any unexpected problems on
>> 64bit setups, and all is well) and any other arch for that matter.
>
>I updated to r1096 and did a normal dynamic build like I've been doing.
>Whatever mystery problem that was in r1094 (I'm not sure if it was in r1095
>too) seems to be gone r1096.  There are some suspiciously relevant (to this

1094 did only involve the write part, the read part was not touched.
1095 just plugged a 20 byte memory leak if rrd_open failed.

Both changes are unrelated to the mystery you were seeing.
I admit that it's a bit puzzling, given that i'm unable to reproduce it,
even on your very same box :)
>layman's eyes) changes in rrd_open.c, so perhaps we're home free? :)

Fine. hickup in the universe, nothing happened, let's move on :)

>Thanks for all your help,

welcome.

cheers,
Bernhard