[rrd-developers] similie's timeline/timeplot

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Wed Sep 26 02:55:19 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering how easy it would be to integrate a date-based 'event'
thing into the graphing functionality of RRD, similar to what timeline
does for timeplot (see http://simile.mit.edu/timeplot/ and click on one
of the red bars)

I was thinking we could have a text file sitting next to the RRD which
had timestamp from, timestamp to, text and it could get pulled in to say
put a star/point on the graph saying 'something happened here'

(and no I have absolutely no idea how hard this kind of thing would be
to implement in a fast way, or with multiple time horizons)

regards
Ian