[rrd-developers] Re: rrdtool: *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08056450 ***

Joachim Weller JoachimWeller at web.de
Wed Jul 16 11:20:40 CEST 2008

Although I'am pretty new to rrdtool, I'd like to share my similar experience with this error:
I have setup rrdtool identically on two different machines:
1) Sidux-64bit AMD (1GB Mem)
2) Sidux-32bit Intel (Laptop 500MB Mem)
both using RRDtool 1.2.27

The rrdtool database was setup exactly identical and fed with the same data on both machines:
let hour=60*60/5
let day=24*$hour
let month=31*$day
let year=365*$day

rrdtool create SolvisData-1year.rrd --step 360 --start 1208069362  \
DS:T-WoZi:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:T-WWpuffer:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:T-Koll:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:T-SolVL:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:T-SolRL:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:Sol-Vol:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:Sol-kWh:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:Sol-Pwr:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:Sol-Betr_h:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:T-Aussen:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
DS:T-Ref:GAUGE:$year:U:U \
RRA:LAST:0.5:1:$year  \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:$hour:$month \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:$month:$year

When I call rrdtool graph from exactly the same script, system 1 produces nice graphics as expected, but when do the same on system 2,
I get always the above error, except with pointer location 0x08051a50. And same, no graphics generatde.
A call to rrdtool lastdate, info etc. runs flawlessly.

I'd like to contribute to investigate this further, because the smaller system was intended to take the job and run 24/24, which unfortunately does not run.

regards,    Joachim