[rrd-developers] implementing portable format

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Mon Nov 3 17:42:27 CET 2008

Sfiligoi Igor wrote:
> Moreover, I don't want to allow active CGI scripts on my Web server;
> I would just like to export the RRD files.
>
> The ideal scenario would see a Web browser applet that gets the user
> input, fetches the needed RRD files and plots the graphs for the browser.

This doesn't make sense to me.  You're talking about sending a huge
amount of data to the client vs generating the graph on the server
(where you have the data already available) and just sending the graph.

Even if you want to generate the image itself client-side it would still
make more sense to send only the source data required to the client.

Dan