[rrd-developers] [rrd] Why / How / When is version 1.2 developed?

Thorsten von Eicken tve at voneicken.com
Wed Apr 8 07:11:57 CEST 2009

Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> in any event, I have no fundamental objections against including the
> fetch stuff in 1.4 if we come to a good solution regarding the
> things I mentioned, without further delaying 1.4 ... this does
> include the authentication stuff ...
Why is the authentication stuff suddenly required? I'm probably missing
something, but there isn't anything fundamentally being added to the
existing rrdcached functionality that suddenly would require
authentication, is there? Yes, auth would be a nice feature in general,
but it's orthogonal to fetch, isn't it?
Thorsten